What to do if your spouse is sick and can't come to the interview ( green card based on marriage )?

We went to the ER a couple of days ago, and spent all night down there, I have an interview in a week, I am afraid my wife is too sick to be with me ,don't want them to think something else,should i take all the ER stuff with me and go alone ?

Louisville, IL -

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Assuming this is a genuine marriage, I suggest you appear at the interview alone, have a letter from the treating physician confirming your wife's condition and ask the USCIS officer to reschedule the interview to a later date. Chances are USCIS will agree and send you another interview date for 1-2 months after your original interview date.

Dana Roxana Bucin

Dana Roxana Bucin

Immigration Attorney - Hartford, CT

Prove your wife's condition and ask to reschedule

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Reschedule the interview with evidence of her hospitalization.