What to do if your spouse is sick and can't come to the interview ( green card based on marriage )?

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, IL

We went to the ER a couple of days ago, and spent all night down there, I have an interview in a week, I am afraid my wife is too sick to be with me ,don't want them to think something else,should i take all the ER stuff with me and go alone ?

she is the USC,

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Assuming this is a genuine marriage, I suggest you appear at the interview alone, have a letter from the treating physician confirming your wife's condition and ask the USCIS officer to reschedule the interview to a later date. Chances are USCIS will agree and send you another interview date for 1-2 months after your original interview date.

2. Dana Roxana Bucin

Answered . Prove your wife's condition and ask to reschedule

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Reschedule the interview with evidence of her hospitalization.