What to do if your Green card was denied because of F-1 status change?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fullerton, CA

My friend was denied a Green Card because the UCICS said she 'violated' the status of her F-1? She came to the US with an F-1, graduated, but then started to work. She also has an A-2 (dependent) . She has been here for about 11 years from Indonesia. She has relatives that have dual citizenship. What can she do now? Can she appeal and reapply?

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

2. Christian Schmidt

1

Answered . It depends on the underlying visa petition what can or cannot be done. Your friend should consult with an immigration attorney for a review of her case.

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

1

Answered . It all depends. There is 30 days to appeal, but need to know much more and read the denial decision to determine whether there is basis for appeal. Have her seek professional help as soon as possible.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. Haroen Calehr

Pro

1

Answered . Have her call me for a consult over phone, email or Skype. I speak Indonesian and I may be able to shed some light on her case. As the other colleague pointed out we need more information to evaluate her case and offer options if any are available.