What to do if wife says she will commit suicide again?

Palm Coast, FL |

My wife just discharged from hospital as a result of attempt to commit suicide. Now she says she will kill me, children, and her when night comes. What to do?

1. Call the police. Why would you post this on a legal website?

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

2. Call law enforcement

My answer to your question is for general purposes only, and we do not have an attorney-client relationship.

3. Call the police. It sounds like she needs further care.

Legal disclaimer: Ms. Braaten's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an family law attorney.

4. Again?? She is a danger to herself, to you and your family. Call the police and her psychiatrist if she has one. She needs to be re-admitted.

This is only an Avvo answer. I am not getting paid to give this response and am basing this response only on the information provided to me in the above question.