Skip to main content

What to do if someone P.O is covering for their Parolee?

New York, NY |

They don't choose to violate him, the person lied to the detective, and I'm trying to save him this order of protection. It seems as though his P.O is refusing to violate him when she has the proof to do so. What can I do?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. There isn't much that you can do. It is up to the division of parole to determine who it is that they choose to violate. If there are new charges. Volved you can then go to the police or the District Attorney.

  2. You can write the probation officer's supervisors or the Court. But be careful what you wish for. the VOP penalty may be worse than you want.

  3. Let this go already. What will happen will happen!

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics