What to do if someone is suing me for unpaid wages when he was never an employee on the books just a friend who offered help.

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

We had an original arrangement where nothing was concrete or in contract where he would be made a partner if he contributed time and effort. He never did and he kept writing his own contracts that gave him more than we had agreed upon. He began harassing us and we told him not to contact us unless it was in a more professional manner and he broke all communication. Now 2 years later we are getting a letter from the department of labor for unpaid wages.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

1

Answered . Hire a lawyer who handles these type of cases. The law is very favorable to employees in this area and you can get yourself in trouble without legal guidance.

2. Ronald Joseph Kim

2

Answered . Find a good wage and hour attorney. The prior response is on the money. As the employer(or alleged employer) you have specific responsibilities that you may have breached.

No attorney client relationship has been created by this answer.
  3. Locksley O'Sullivan Wade

1

Answered . Call my office and I may be able to guide you in the right direction