What to do if my sexual harasser is the head of the company? He owns it, no human resources, no one above him. Who to go to?

When your harasser is in a position like this shouldn't he know better? In a situation like this what do you do?

Atlanta, GA -

Amanda Amy Farahany

Amanda Amy Farahany

Employment / Labor Attorney - Atlanta, GA

Unfortunately, those at the head of the company often get away with the sexual harassment unless someone steps forward and holds him accountable through the legal process. I would suggest you speak with an attorney about bringing a lawsuit against him, and to record him and start gathering evidence against him. We'd be happy to discuss this with you, if you'd like to call our office at 404-214-0120

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

Sexual Harassment Attorney - Lakeway, TX

The best advice would be to set an appointment with an attorney who specializes in employment law and sexual harassment cases. Then after a thorough review of all of the facts, they can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Most attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. There are no hourly fees and most attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case. You may want to look at attorneys on this website at Avvo to get some names. Good luck!

Debra Vera Jennings

Debra Vera Jennings

Employment / Labor Attorney - Sugar Land, TX

Obviously it would be futile for you to file a internal complaint of sexual harassment against the CEO. In these instance depending upon the number of employees you may or may not be able to proceed. Consult with an attorney with experience handling sexual harassment cases.

Related Advice