What to do if my car was not fixed properly?

Asked about 2 years ago - Lancaster, PA

My car front bumper was dented when parked. The insurance company of the person responsible insisted in repairing the bumper instead of fixing it. I noticed the bumper shape was different right after it was fixed. But the insurance company said they did not see the difference. Now it has been couple weeks and because of the heat the dented part has become more obvious. It appears that the problem will persist unless I have the bumper replaced. What can I do?

1. Steven Gaspar Bazil

2

Answered . I'd take it to a body shop and have them inspect it and provide you with a written description of the condition of the bumper and an estimate for the cost to properly repair it. Send this to the claims handler who handled your claim along with a photograph of the bumper. If they are not helpful, write to the President of the company and advise them that you are contemplating filing a complaint with the Pa Insurance Department. If this fails to get a positive response - speak to a lawyer in your are who might be willing to act on your behalf. Carefully document everything.

2. Joel Jay Kofsky

1

Answered . You may also offer to take the car to the insurance company's "recommended repair shop" so they can confirm the damage was no fixed properly.
    http://www.phillyinjurylawyer.com/

3. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . Tke the car back to the repair facility and get it repaired properly. They're entitled to repair instead of replacing, but the repair has to be done right.