Skip to main content

What to do if I returned to work, but was unable to stay because of pain, and my workers comp has not been reinstated?

Lagrange, GA |

I have been recieving workers comp,jus not since my attempt at new job

Attorney Answers 3


You posted the same question five times! Please look at my previous response here:

*** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If you re on light duty and trying your job in Georgia, you have a 15 day trial work period. If you are unable to work for 15 days, your benefits should be immediately reinstated. If not, you will need an attorney to file a claim on your behalf for benefits to be reinstated.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You will probably need to hire a workers' comp attorney to help you. This becomes fact intensive and rule intensive. There is the 15 day Rule that Tom discussed but you will need instruction for navigating it and not running afoul of hte rule.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics