What to do if i lost my job and cant pay lawyer fees?

i hired a lawyer in harris county court for mis. assault. Do i contact courts and/or will i be able to get a lawyer appointed?

Houston, TX -

JaPaula C Kemp

JaPaula C Kemp

Criminal Defense Attorney - Houston, TX

This issue will be addressed in court... if your current attorney withdraws. You will only be able to receive a court appointed counsel if you qualify. Besides losing your job, there are other factors that the judge may consider in determining whether to grant you a court appointed lawyer. This includes among, other things, whether you have other resources available.

Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Personal Injury Lawyer - Houston, TX

Talk to the lawyer you hired and ask this question. The lawyer is still your lawyer until the court releases him or her.

Don Karotkin

Don Karotkin

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Houston, TX

This is a criminal law question, so I am taking the liberty of changing the practice area you selected. The average "Lawsuits & Disputes" lawyer like me typically knows little or nothing about criminal law and criminal procedure.