What to do if employer doesn't pay you

Asked over 1 year ago - Meadville, MS

employer said contractor did not pay him so he can't pay us.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert Nicholas Norris


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can bring a claim against the employer for breach of contract and violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act. You should contact an employment lawyer to seek guidance.

  2. Danielle M. Callahan


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Definitely contact an attorney in your area. Many states have their own protections for issues such as this. In certain states, the Attorney General's Office would have a division relating to fair labor, including filing wage complaints. Good luck.

  3. David B Pittman


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Contact an employment lawyer in your area to find out what your rights are in the matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,550 answers this week

2,983 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,550 answers this week

2,983 attorneys answering