What to do if 'advance parole' has expired????

Asked 10 months ago - Edison, NJ

I was caught at the border. They did an interview where they decided that I have justified fear. They gave me a i-94 card until 12-31-2013 (purpose: asylum). They card has now expired, and I believe I missed the hearing. What are my options?! Do I have any left? I moved up north; therefore, I did not receive any mails. Please help.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Rizwan M Khalid

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to schedule an appointment with an immigration attorney as soon as possible. We need to understand your case specific facts. Most of us on this forum also offer Skype consultation as well. I wish you the best/

    This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. The information contained in this answer is provided... more
  2. Yolanda Navarrete

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You may need to reopen your case which is not easy to do. You need an in person consultation.

    Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to... more
  3. Lynne Rogers Feldman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There are many issues here so I suggest you consult with an immigration attorney to help you work through them. You are likely in immigration proceedings and were required to notify the court when you moved.

  4. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should consult an attorney as soon as possible.

    This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

19,447 answers this week

2,553 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

19,447 answers this week

2,553 attorneys answering