What to do if 'advance parole' has expired????

Asked 10 months ago - Edison, NJ

I was caught at the border. They did an interview where they decided that I have justified fear. They gave me a i-94 card until 12-31-2013 (purpose: asylum). They card has now expired, and I believe I missed the hearing. What are my options?! Do I have any left? I moved up north; therefore, I did not receive any mails. Please help.

1. Rizwan M Khalid

1

Answered . You need to schedule an appointment with an immigration attorney as soon as possible. We need to understand your case specific facts. Most of us on this forum also offer Skype consultation as well. I wish you the best/

2. Yolanda Navarrete

1

Answered . You may need to reopen your case which is not easy to do. You need an in person consultation.

3. Lynne Rogers Feldman

2

Answered . There are many issues here so I suggest you consult with an immigration attorney to help you work through them. You are likely in immigration proceedings and were required to notify the court when you moved.

4. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

1

Answered . You should consult an attorney as soon as possible.