What to do if 'advance parole' has expired????

Edison, NJ |
Filed under: Immigration

I was caught at the border. They did an interview where they decided that I have justified fear. They gave me a i-94 card until 12-31-2013 (purpose: asylum). They card has now expired, and I believe I missed the hearing. What are my options?! Do I have any left? I moved up north; therefore, I did not receive any mails. Please help.

1. There are many issues here so I suggest you consult with an immigration attorney to help you work through them. You are likely in immigration proceedings and were required to notify the court when you moved.

2. You need to schedule an appointment with an immigration attorney as soon as possible. We need to understand your case specific facts. Most of us on this forum also offer Skype consultation as well. I wish you the best/

This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. A lawyer-client relationship will not be deemed to exist until such time as a written retainer agreement has been executed by an authorized representative of this firm, or until the firm otherwise agrees to and actually begins rendering services on a clients' behalf.

3. You should consult an attorney as soon as possible.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

4. You may need to reopen your case which is not easy to do. You need an in person consultation.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.