What to do about my aggravated assualt charge that is withheld

Asked about 2 years ago - Arcadia, FL

I know that I cannot have an aggravated assault charge that is whitheld adjudication sealed or expunged so what can I do to become a nurse again. I am willing to hire an attorney and possibly reopen my case. This is from 6 years ago and what I was charged with was silly. I would like my life back. What can I do?

1. Timothy F. Sullivan

13

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with James. There may be an additional method of contacting the State Attorney, seeing if the SAO is willing to amend the charge to allow you to become a nurse. Granted, there is no legal basis for the state to agree to this as the time for you to raise any appeal-able issues or ineffective assistance of counsel has long since run, but occasionally mitigating exceptional circumstances exist where the State is willing to accommodate. An experienced criminal defense attorney in the county in which this offense occurred will likely be able to tell you what the likelihood of such a resolution would be, but don't be surprised if he tells you less than 5%.

In all likelihood, you will have to explore your executive clemency options as discussed above.

2. James Regan

Pro

5

Answered . You are best served by retaining an attorney to explore a pardon or clemency.

3. Summer Rae Goldman

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with both Tim and James...looks like clemency will be your best bet though.
    Good luck!