Skip to main content

What to do about? Part of Message left on wife's phone. Complaint being filed against you...named as respondent and must appear

Desoto, TX |

contains a restraining order. 24/48 hrs to oppose this matter. Unable to contact anyone at the provide contact number.

Attorney Answers 1


If you have no idea where the call came from, you will need to contact Muncipal Court, JP Court, County Court (at-law), District Court (and for good measure the Criminal District Court if it is a protective order). The best place to start is the family law clerk for the District Clerk's office, and ask them to search for your/your wife's name. Many jurisdictions also provide this information online at their website.

The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your community. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state

Mark as helpful

1 comment

Theresa Cay Langford

Theresa Cay Langford


Also, if you have not been served, and this is a civil/family matter, then it will likely be reset until you are served - they are obligated to provide you with legal notice, and a telephone message is not notice.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics