What to do

Columbus, OH |
Filed under: Immigration

After my interview for my i485 I received a white paper saying your case is held for file reviewing in order to make a decision you will be advised by mail as a decision on your application ,no additional information is necessary from you at this time please allow 60 days from this date before making a inquiry and it more than 60 now, it is now 3 months now do I need to worried

Without knowing what occurred at the interview or the underlying facts as to how you came to apply for LPR status, it is difficult to determine whether there is heightened scrutiny on your case in specific or if this is simply CIS being slow. Discuss with your lawyer and if you don't have one, now may be the time to hire one.

I agree with Mr. Eichorn. If you know the name of the Adjudications Official, and did not have an attorney present, then an attorney may more easily investigate. However, more information is needed and if an attorney was not with you at the interview, then it can be difficult to know the reason for the delay. Perhaps, its routine, but its best to find out. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Yes, you should start moving. I am sure, you marked the name of that officer. Write him or her a letter. Wait a week after that and then make an inforpass appointment. If you had an immigraiton lawyer engaged, you would not need me advising you here.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

My colleagues are correct: hire a lawyer and have him/her investigate.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.