What time does your SSDI payment go it to your bank account if it is direct deposit

Asked over 2 years ago - Mount Dora, FL

I was approved for SSDI and will be receiving my first payment tomorrow, the second Wednesday of the month. What time do the payments normally get credited to your bank account when you have chosen the direct deposit method?

1. Brian S Wayson

4

Best Answer

Answered . It varies, generally the electronic files are uploaded from SSA to the financial network during the wee hours of the day, but depending on the network and how one's individual bank operates, the funds can show up anytime - from before the bank opens until later in the afternoon. All that presumes there are no glitches in the system. Glitches may delay the payments for hours or days, so I would no spend the money until you know it is in there.

Many banks offer online access to one's accounts, so perhaps you could set that up with your bank and then check from your computer.

2. Clifford Michael Farrell

2

1

Answered . There is no exact time for deposits. It varies from person to person and bank to bank. Mr. Wayson is correct - talk to your bank - they may be able to help narrow the time frame to expect your check.