What this means? MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE FILED 10/14/2011 ORAL SET FOR 10/14/2011 AT 13:27 GRANTED DEFS

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

Someone that I know have court last week and they change his trial date and that was on his case,but I don't have any clue what is that. Anyone?

1. It sounds like someone requested a continuance and that oral argument is set for that court date and that the defendants motion was granted. However, it depends upon the further wording of the court and who the defendant is, I think you need more info to be sure or you could call the court, good luck and take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

2. Howard is correct; however, you need to go to the Broward county courthouse and go to the criinal clerk's office. They will ask your friend for the case number and can look up the court order. You or your friend can obtain a copy for $1.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.