What the statue of limitation after a divorce agreement was sign?

Asked about 1 year ago - Manhasset, NY

I sign a divorce agreement only 9 days it go. Can I change some of the terms?

1. Paul Karl Siepmann

Pro

8

Answered . Its not an easy thing to do. Get an attorney ASAP.

2. Howard E. Knispel

Pro

7

Answered . Usually not. If you signed an agreement and then later think it was a bad agreement courts are reluctant to step in. Where you misinformed? Did they lie to you? Speak to a lawyer.

3. David Alexander Browde

Pro

6

Answered . That depends upon what you signed. There is no statute of limitations, and there is no period during which one can change one's mind.

4. Louis Lawrence Sternberg

6

Answered . Your best option is to hire an attorney ASAP and contact the opposition to determine whether they will consent to your changes. The courts will not be quick to set aside or modify your agreement otherwise.

5. Myra Chack Fleischer

6

Answered . It depends on the circumstances surrounding the signing of the agreement. This questions requires more advice than you will be able to get here. You really need an attorney immediately.