What the statue of limitation after a divorce agreement was sign?

Manhasset, NY |

I sign a divorce agreement only 9 days it go. Can I change some of the terms?

1. Its not an easy thing to do. Get an attorney ASAP.

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client relationship. www.PatchogueAttorney.com You should not rely upon free legal advice and I disclaim any liability for the results if you do.

2. That depends upon what you signed. There is no statute of limitations, and there is no period during which one can change one's mind.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

3. It depends on the circumstances surrounding the signing of the agreement. This questions requires more advice than you will be able to get here. You really need an attorney immediately.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us at 858-720-8250 or by email at myra@fleischerlawoffice.com. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship unless we are retained.

4. Usually not. If you signed an agreement and then later think it was a bad agreement courts are reluctant to step in. Where you misinformed? Did they lie to you? Speak to a lawyer.

The above is a general answer and is not considered legal advice. You should contact an attorney before proceeding to take any legal action, signing any papers or upon service of a summons. Howard E. Knispel 631-864-7589

5. Your best option is to hire an attorney ASAP and contact the opposition to determine whether they will consent to your changes. The courts will not be quick to set aside or modify your agreement otherwise.

It is always advisable to contact an attorney. For a consultation, please contact our office at 516-669-3295. We are located in West Babylon, NY and proudly offer very low rates and free consultations. For more information, please see our website: <a href="http://www.LouisLSternbergLaw.com">Long Island Divorce Lawyer Louis Sternberg.</a>