What tax forms to file for self-directed IRA?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I setup a self-directed IRA to invest in a franchisee using Guidant's product. It's a C corporation owned by 90% of my 401k trust company and 10% of my name. How do I file the taxes so the income or gain is still under the tax-deferred shelter?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jacques Tushinsky-Fox

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I strongly recommend that you hire a tax lawyer for this issue. You may also want to cnsult with an accountant as well. Good luck.

Related Topics

Small business c-corporation

A C corporation is taxed separately from its owners. Earnings and profits distributed to the corporation's owners are taxed as dividends.

Phillip Monroe Smith


Now is the time to involve yourself with year end tax planning strategies for Businesses and Individuals. Sound tax planning in November can often go a long way on April 18, 2012 - the... more

Small business taxes

Small business taxes include state and federal income taxes and employment taxes, self-employment taxes, and excise taxes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,976 answers this week

3,193 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,976 answers this week

3,193 attorneys answering