What supporting documents do I need for a fiance visa/K1 visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Copperas Cove, TX

What supporting documents do I need for a fiance visa/K1 visa? I have been dating my boyfriend for two years now. We recently got engaged and I would like to get him to the US so that we can get married. He lives in Jamaica. My family are all here in the states. I am also a US citizen. About how long does it take to process?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . I'm not being flip when I tell you that you need to:

1. read the I-129F instructions very carefully, or
    2. consult with an experienced immigration lawyer

The process takes 6-12 months.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . The instructions to the form tell you what needs to be submitted.

The Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has stated that immigration laws are "incredibly complex" in nature.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

1

Answered . The current processing time for a qualifying K-1 fiancée is about 8 months. Click below for further information. Best of luck.