What support documents are needed to file an I-751 immigration petition

Seattle, WA |

Could someone give me a list of documents I need to file with I-751? Petition to remove the conditions of residence.Thank you.

Read the instructions on the form first. This provides some general guidance. There are some specific documents that you are required to provide and then they also ask for "evidence" to establish that the marriage is a bona fide marriage. I generally include copies of joint bank statements, mortgages or leases showing both parties names, insurance policies or similar documents showing the spouse as beneficiary, birth certificates of children born to the marriage, and affidavits from people who know you and can attest to the fact that you and your spouse have been living together as husband and wife. I've included a link to a guide I wrote about the process. Hope this helps.

You will want to include evidence as to the good faith nature of your relationship. The level of detail required can, at times, depend upon the condition of the marriage - if it is going well, you may wish to include joint financial items (tax returns, bank statements, mortgage or lease papers, and insurance payments) as well as additional proof of your life together. If you have maritial difficulties or the marriage is ending you may wish to consult a lawyer before filing.