What steps do I take if my child was assaulted by another kid in the class and the matter was poorly handled by the school.

Asked over 3 years ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

My child was attack on tuesday and then assaulted on wednesday 2 teachers and 1 helper was in class room.My child was never offered medical care after being assaulted.Then sent to the principals office which is about 4-5 rooms/suite down together with the same kid who assaulted him unsupervised and later repeated the same by sending them back to the class.
Parent was never contacted I became aware more than 30 minutes later when I came to pick up.Also the principal gave us totally wrong stories trying to sweep everything under the rug. Untill we say the video the next day. we realized that he was not telling the truth.
To date the treatment have been unfair. My child is too scared to return to the school and the school has punished my child three times over.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Eric J Trabin

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You can report this crime to law enforcement. The State of Florida does in fact prosecute juvenile offenders. You can simply call the police to do this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,492 answers this week

3,398 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,492 answers this week

3,398 attorneys answering