What steps do I need to take to collect current and arrears (over $50,000) in child support?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

My ex-husband skipped out on child support but was found when I had to apply for food stamps. The company he worked for (once found) did not always deduct support from his paycheck. He has been fired and claims to have no income at all now.

He is over $50,000 in arrears, increasing $200 weekly. He is in CA and we are in FL. Original documents in FL. CA got involved when he was found. He has not filed anything to decrease his payment and did not file his address with CA. No one is doing anything to collect any of the support.

Where do I go to find him and get support payments enforced? He was given a severance package but HR did not take support out of that nor did they send money from his final paycheck.

I cannot afford an attorney. What can I do

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John Arthur Smitten

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Contact the Florida Department of Revenue they can help you collect support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,397 answers this week

3,112 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,397 answers this week

3,112 attorneys answering