Skip to main content

What steps do I need to take in order to be compensated for being a victim of an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon?

Tempe, AZ |
Filed under: Felony crime

A young man hired a older male to attack my friend and I after coming home from the gym. There is video evidence of the entire attack, however to young man who hired the older man is not in the shot. However when the police arrived at his apartment to question them he said, "We only hit them a couple times."

Attorney Answers 3

  1. there are 2 potential types of relief for you one is restitution and one is a civil suite, contact a civil attorney to find out if thee is a likelihood of you getting anything out of the civil suite. As for restitution contact the victims advocate for the offce that is prosecuting the case and make a list and provide proof of all the costs you have incurred becuase of the event theoretically paying that back could be made part of their sentance. However a civil suite may provide you with even more damages call an attorney.

  2. You need to contact the victim's advocate at the County Attorney's Office.

    Aaron M. Black
    Criminal & DUI Defense Attorney
    Martindale AV® Preeminent™ Lawyer
    2012 Southwest SuperLawyer Rising Star
    AVVO 10/10 Superb Lawyer

    Law Office of Aaron M. Black, PLLC
    3219 East Camelback Road #573
    Phoenix, AZ 85018
    Office #: 480-729-1683

  3. Here is the website to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office victim advocate program: | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics