Skip to main content

What steps do I need to take after being charged with an OWI?

Ames, IA |

I am 22 and recently got an OWI and was wanting to get a deferred judgment. I haven't been in any other trouble before other than a minor consumption ticket. I was wondering what steps I need to take to get a deferred judgment.

Attorney Answers 1


Do not try this at home, alone or without an attorney. You need an attorney. Getting coaching from the internet is a very bad idea when one is charged with a crime.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics