What steps do I need to follow to get my husband his green card? I am a Us Citizen and my husband has lived here for 6 years.

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

Me and my husband have been married for a couple months. My husband has been here for 6 years now he came to do US unlawfully.and on April of last year he got a DUI. He just finished paying, doing his DUI classes and everything has been done and dismissed. I want to start the process to get his green card but am not sure what exactly to do. WHat forms do I need? I also want to apply for the I601 A. Would I qualify for that if I have a child from a previous marriage who cannot leave the coutry and I am her primary caregiver.

1. Mark Robert Barr

1

Answered . Does your husband have any other criminal issues? He came to the U.S. for the first time 6 years ago, is that correct? Any problems at the border? How, exactly, did he enter (I know it was unlawfully, but there are different ways of entering unlawfully)? Has your husband ever lied about his immigration status for any reason, including claiming to be a U.S. citizen? Do you have any criminal record? Were you married before? Was he married before?

2. Gintare Grigaite

1

1

Answered . To start the process, you would first have to file an Immigrant Petition on your spouse's behalf and get that approved. Please consult an experienced immigration lawyer about the process.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

1

Answered . Your husband does not qualify for the 601A as he has a DWI. He could apply for the 601 waiver possibly. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney