Skip to main content

What step should i take to get this fixed.

Honolulu, HI |

I have a house that I brought in Hawaii. In 2006 when I original sign the contract. I was a co owner with two other personal. The loan was sold three times and the other two owners names were removed from the deed, leaving me with a house loan to pay off. I never stayed in the house nor did I sign any paper work to remove their names off the deed. I did not find this out until I applied for a security clearance for the military. So, I did some research and found the company that had the loan. I notice that the document that they had on record from the original loan have been changed. It did not show any signs of the other owner. Which lead me to believe the documents had been falsified.

I have no idea what I should do. Can anyone guild me in the right direction?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    Make sure to locate you original loan documents that have all three signatures on the deed to secure debt. This will be your starting point with the chain of lenders that this has passed through. An attorney will be helpful in this matter.

  2. Taking names off the deed is one thing, but what names are currently on the mortgage loan? I would be shocked if they could just take their names of the loan without you knowing about it...that doesn't make sense.