What statute ordinance or regulations are violated by intentional interference with a contractual relationship, and

San Jose, CA |

defamation?

1. None. Those causes of action are torts.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

2. I agree with Ms. Sinclair, but your question is phrased oddly (in a way, backwards). I can imagine some statutory and other violations which are also - and could possibly support - interference with contract, e.g., theft, destruction of business property, etc.

The information/answer is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Consult an attorney regarding your individual situation. This attorney is only licensed to practice law in California. Your question and this answer do not create an attorney-client relationship. Do not send/post any confidential information.

3. I think what you really want to know is what cause of action you can pursue. With that understanding, you have named the torts. Each of these torts require you to show different facts (elements) and will provide different recoverable damages. If you believe that someone has intentionally interfered with your business relations (or contracts), and/or damaged your reputation by making false statements, you should speak with a civil litigation attorney to review the underling facts of your potential claims. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

4. This question makes no sense. What is the specific question?

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. Homework assistance? Be careful. Many schools now consider asking for answers on the internet to be a breach of academic integrity.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

6. In California, we have the famous, infamous, and notorious Business and Professions Code Section 17200 et seq. violation allegations and cause(s) of action. Many attorneys, this one included, feel that this statute is about as easy to understand as the law against perpetuities and about as useful (well, except for class actions, that is). Many a treatise, many a seminar, and many a trade magazine article have been written on 17200 and what unlawful and unfair business practices really are under this statute. One opinion, I think, many lawyer will share is that this is a statute that would require quite the legal scholar (and experienced attorney) to use successfully to boot strap statutory violations onto torts.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.