What specific law states that you can only go back 4 years for retroactive child support in TEXAS?

El Paso, TX |
Filed under: Child support arrears

I would like to know the exact law that states that you can only receive retroactive child support for four years please. Is this also true even though the father knew he had an obligation to pay but outright refused to pay? Where can I find this specific law because under the Texas family law "retroactive child support" does not state this. Are there any loopholes at getting full retroactive child support since birth?

Texas Family Code 154.131 outlines that four years of retroactive child support is presumed to be in the best interest of the child, but you really need to discuss the facts of your case with a family law attorney. Depending on the facts of your case, the amount of potential retroactive support may end up different.

Good luck,
Eric Gruetzner

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support