What should we expect to be sued for

Smyrna, TN |

my dad was involved in a dui accident no one was seriously injured, my dad did not have insurance and the other driver did not have insurance or a license, the other driver also had children in his car, my dad was charged for dui would there be more severe charges because of the children and what all would the other driver be able to sue for?

Your question is unclear. However, it is possible the persons in the other vehicle may sue your father. I would contact a local attorney to discuss your father's situation and his DUI.

You should retain an attorney to address this issue. The above answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. I have provided this answer only based on the information presented in the question. The specific actions or answers to this issue require additional information. The above information and answering this question does not constitute an attorney-client privilege. I am not responsible for any issues, problems or losses from any reliance on this answer and information, and the consequences of such reliance.

As to a civil lawsuit, it does not matter whether your dad was charged with DUI. The issue is who caused the wreck? Was it your dad or the other driver? If your dad caused the wreck, everyone in the other vehicle could sue your dad for the injuries, if any, they received in the wreck. Also, the owner of the other vehicle could sue your dad for damage to the other vehicle. If the other driver caused the wreck, your dad could sue him / her for injuries your dad received in the wreck, if any. As to criminal charges against your father, I am not a criminal attorney so I do not know what your dad could be charged additionally for with children in the other vehicle.

This response is given solely as a general response to the question and does not create an attorney / client relationship between the questioner and responder.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI