What should one say when pulled over for a DUI?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Seattle, WA

A friend was pulled over for a DUI, and in an effort to be helpful and friendly to the office, she answered anything he asked. Is that the right strategy?

.

1. Jennifer Vickers Freeman

4

Answered . No. You need to give your name, license, registration, etc. You don't have to say anything else to the officer and anything you can say can be used against you. Whenever it is clear that an officer is investigation you for a crime, you should request to speak to an attorney as soon as possible.

2. Ted Harvatin

Pro

5

Answered . No, you are digging your own grave.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

4

Answered . No. It is never a good idea in my opinion to talk to an officer when he or she is contacting you because there is a suspicion of wrong doing on your part.

4. Edward Jacob Sternisha

Pro

4

Answered . EVERYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU! It's that simple. The officer only asks questions that will help a conviction.

5. Noah E. Weil

1

Answered . No that's the worst thing possible. Below is a post I wrote on the subject outlined why, as all the attorney here say, silence is golden.

6. James J White

Pro

Answered . Read my guide for this situation.