What should my son do if he found something slimy in his beer. He has a picture.

Asked over 1 year ago - Peachtree City, GA

His doctor sent him to the ER the next morning after it happened. The ER doctor could not tell what is was but he ran blood tests for toxins and a urine test. The tests came back fine. We still do not know what the substance was and since he did not swallow it, the ER said they couldn't test it. Should we pursue this further with the restaurant headquarters. The picture is gross.

Thank all of the attorneys for replying. We do still have the substance but I thought the same thing. As long as he is ok, I am ok!

1. Sean Michael Patrick

6

Answered . It doesnt appear that you have any damages (other than missing out on enjoying a beer). Therefore you do not have a viable claimContact the manufacturer for some free beer. Best of luck.

2. David J. McCormick

5

Answered . You could pursue it with headquarters but be prepared for inaction of their part. Did he report this to restaurant? If not, then this would be a hard case to prove. Also, since your son did not swallow the slime he has no real injuries, which was confirmed by the hospital. They will probably argue that the slime was harmless, and without the actual slime it will be hard to prove what it was and where it came from. You will be lucky if they pay his medical bills.

3. Christopher S Ison

5

Answered . Based upon your question, it doesnt' sound like your son ingested the substance. Moreover, apart from going to the ER (for preventative measures I assume), it doesn't sound like your son suffered any negative consequences from this incident. If that is the case, you don't have any damages in this case, apart from the potential ER bill.

Since you don't have any major damages, most attorneys probably won't take the case. You could consult with a local attorney to see if they have a different opinion. However, I would suggest writing a letter to the restaurant. Complain to them that the beer had a "gross" foriegn substance in it and send along the picture to prove it. Tell them what you want and hopefully they will give it to you.

Attorney's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.