What should i say in court when i go in for DUI and going with out an attorney and i am pleading guilty and in 19 years old

Asked over 1 year ago - Canoga Park, CA

when i got arrested i was in a accident i crashed my car into a parked car then the police came to ask questions, I don't remember any of it but from what i heard i was refusing arrest and got massed with pepper spray then in the cop car i was banging my head against the back window and split my forehead open and had to be taken to the hospital then that is when i got my rights read to me. After the emergency room i was booked and i was still out of it and was saying mean things to officers the next day when i was sober i couldn't believe what i had done and was ashamed of how i acted and how intoxicated i was. well i have court tomorrow morning with out an attorney and i am nervous on what the out come will be and how to handle myself in front of the judge

1. Michael Jon Fremont

Pro

3

Answered . your honor i am requesting an attorney be appointed do not going to court
    as a 19-year-old accident Dui without representation most likely the court
    will not allow you to represent yourself anyway
    >

2. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

3

Answered . DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY!!!!!! Speak to an attorney before making any decision! You have so many options and you need to exercise them all! Just walking in a pleading guilty to a misdemeanor offense is WRONG! Talk to an attorney about your options, most give free consultation.

When you go to court if you cannot afford an attorney, the judge will give you a free one.

Elliot Zarabi
    www.TipsyLaw.com
    213-612-7720

3. Matthew Murillo

Pro

3

Answered . You tell the judge you are ready to throw your life away. This isn't just a "simple" DUI. You looking at possibly getting charged with DUI, resisting arrest, maybe hit & run depending on facts, and if anyone else was injured - the DUI would be a felony.

Not good. Don't go to court without a lawyer. The consequences of a DUI are much more drastic then just a slap on the wrist. By volunteering yourself for the conviction (by getting a lawyer), your risking future employment opportunities and your insurability.

4. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . Why would anyone plead guilty without any knowledge of the situation? You should be nervous because you are not acting in your best interest. I wish you the best, but you need an attorney. I know at 19 you are not going to listen to anyone so good luck and bear in mind that the nightmare you are about to experience tomorrow may haunt you for the rest of your life.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    (800) 409-7010

5. Nicholas Milan Loncar

Pro

2

Answered . Lawyers, even criminal/DUI defense lawyers hire attorneys when they get in trouble. When President Lincoln said that a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client, it was implicit that someone without a legal education REALLY has no place representing themselves. Taking the first offer to save some money/time is not the way to go and will turn out poorly for you in the long run. If you can afford private counsel, you should hire an attorney. If you cannot, the court will appoint the public defender (an experienced defense attorney) to represent you.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now