What should i say in court when i go in for DUI and going with out an attorney and i am pleading guilty and in 19 years old

Canoga Park, CA |

when i got arrested i was in a accident i crashed my car into a parked car then the police came to ask questions, I don't remember any of it but from what i heard i was refusing arrest and got massed with pepper spray then in the cop car i was banging my head against the back window and split my forehead open and had to be taken to the hospital then that is when i got my rights read to me. After the emergency room i was booked and i was still out of it and was saying mean things to officers the next day when i was sober i couldn't believe what i had done and was ashamed of how i acted and how intoxicated i was. well i have court tomorrow morning with out an attorney and i am nervous on what the out come will be and how to handle myself in front of the judge

your honor i am requesting an attorney be appointed do not going to court
as a 19-year-old accident Dui without representation most likely the court
will not allow you to represent yourself anyway
>

DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY!!!!!! Speak to an attorney before making any decision! You have so many options and you need to exercise them all! Just walking in a pleading guilty to a misdemeanor offense is WRONG! Talk to an attorney about your options, most give free consultation.

When you go to court if you cannot afford an attorney, the judge will give you a free one.

Elliot Zarabi
www.TipsyLaw.com
213-612-7720

Elliot Zarabi www.FreeCriminalConsultation.com 213-612-7720 This answer does not constitute full legal advise. I do not know the full details of the case and therefore cannot make a full determination on your case or your answer. I always recommend speaking to an attorney in detail regarding your case.

You tell the judge you are ready to throw your life away. This isn't just a "simple" DUI. You looking at possibly getting charged with DUI, resisting arrest, maybe hit & run depending on facts, and if anyone else was injured - the DUI would be a felony.

Not good. Don't go to court without a lawyer. The consequences of a DUI are much more drastic then just a slap on the wrist. By volunteering yourself for the conviction (by getting a lawyer), your risking future employment opportunities and your insurability.

Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

Why would anyone plead guilty without any knowledge of the situation? You should be nervous because you are not acting in your best interest. I wish you the best, but you need an attorney. I know at 19 you are not going to listen to anyone so good luck and bear in mind that the nightmare you are about to experience tomorrow may haunt you for the rest of your life.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Lawyers, even criminal/DUI defense lawyers hire attorneys when they get in trouble. When President Lincoln said that a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client, it was implicit that someone without a legal education REALLY has no place representing themselves. Taking the first offer to save some money/time is not the way to go and will turn out poorly for you in the long run. If you can afford private counsel, you should hire an attorney. If you cannot, the court will appoint the public defender (an experienced defense attorney) to represent you.