Skip to main content

What should I put under "YOUR USCIS STATUS" if I entered the country legally on an i-94, but overstayed my visa?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

it has been about 10 years since this happened and I have not left the country since.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. overstay (what visa, e,g overstay B-2 etc) thats what you put.

  2. You can write visa overstay like "B2 overstay" or "B1 overstay" - whatever visa you entered under.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  3. I have heard at various seminars I have attended that if for example your filing for adjustment of Status, you can write "Adjusment Applicant"

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics