What should I plead in court for an underage drinking ticket in New York State? Is there a way I can get the tickets dropped?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cortland, NY

I received two tickets one for underage possession and intention to consume and another for an open container. I was at a party at my college and crossed the street with an open container. The party was going on outside and only stopped me because I crossed the street. He did not see me drink the alcohol.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . You should retain a local criminal defense lawyer.

2. Richard Caro Roxin

Answered . Contact an experienced local criminal defense attorney who handles cases on a regular basis with the District Attorney's Office which is prosecuting your case.

3. Christopher Irvin Simser

Answered . You will have to answer these tickets in Cortland City Court on a Friday. First time offenders charged as you are may be offered a disposition at arraignment. Go to your arraignment and plead not guilty. Then see what, if anything, is offered to you by the Asst. DA.

There are many fine criminal defense attorneys practicing in Cortland. Retain one if you are not made a suitable offer by the DA's office.

Christopher I. Simser, Sr.
    Anelli Xavier
    Syracuse - Rochester - Albany
    1-800-DWI-TEAM

One or more answers have been taken down.