What should I look for in a good employment discrimination attorney?

Asked over 2 years ago - Issaquah, WA

I'd like to file suit against my employer for discrimination, but have no idea what to look for in a good and reputable attorney. I would appreciate any help.

.

1. John William Ladenburg

Answered . Look for someone who is highly rated here on AVVO (7 or better) and on other rating systems like Martindale Hubble. Look for someone who advertises that they do employment discrimination cases specifically.

2. Yasmeen Mufeed Abdullah

Answered . I agree with the previous poster. You should also consider whether the attorney has handled a similar employment discrimination case before. For instance, if you feel that you have been discriminated based on your gender, ask an attorney if they have handled a gender discrimination case before. You should also hire an attorney who you feel comfortable working with. You can schedule consultations with a few attorneys and then decide which to hire. Many attorneys offer a free consultation, which will help you choose the attorney that is the best fit for you.