What Should I expect now that my Case # is not found for pre filing diversion program?

Concord, CA |

I was recently sent a Contra Costa District Attorney Community Accountability Program pre filing diversion official notice. I went online to view the specifics and when I try to hit the pay now to start the program it says to call the 1-866 number. When I call, it asks to enter in the same case # to get into the online part but the 1-866 number says that the case # I have entered was not found in their records. What could this mean? what should I expect next?

When I called the number before and entered in the case # all info was there, name, amount due, the website to check and get started, ETC. I don't understand why it is not being found now when I call. Is there a specific number for the clerk? Where do I look and what if they do not have a case # either. Is this case automatically going to go to court and I get a conviction of petty theft? The letter said i had to pay enrollment fee on or before 8/2

If you are involved in a criminal law matter in Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside or San Bernardino California, I will consult with you in my office for ½ hour for free. If it is outside those counties, consider how much your freedom is worth. Other States in which I do not practice may have dissimilar Laws; always consult attorneys in your state!! Use Avvo’s tab “find a Lawyer” above.

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTE RIGHTS TO COUNSEL, TO REFUSE TO TESTIFY AGAINST YOURSELF, TO WITNESSES BEING SUBPEONED, ETC. GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION. DO NOT WAIVE THEM, IF NECESSARY ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE ARRESTED. IN MY 40 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE 99% OF THE PERSONS WHO HAVE TALKED WITH THE POLICE HAVE HURT THEIR CASES!! WOULD YOU BET MONEY ON THOSE ODDS, WHY BET YOUR FREEDOM! POLICE ARE TRAINED IN INTERROGATION TECHNIGUES AND ALLOWED TO LIE.

YOU CAN TALK TO YOUR ATTORNEY AND HIS STATEMENTS TO THE POLICE CAN NOT BE USED AGAINST YOU.

In all legal matters, the court generally uses the reasoning of IRAC. I for issues, what are the facts and what remedies do you seek. R stands for rules and reasoning, what are the laws and what makes common sense. A is analysis how do the laws and common sense apply, C is conclusion, what is your argument pro and con, what is the Judges or Jury convinced of.

If judges do not accept your facts, that will change their judgments and each of them have differing biases. Each case will have different facts, some there are close to those which have been previously decided, some not. No lawyer can guarantee an outcome, because at a hearing or trial other facts may come out, even your own testimony may change.

The 800 number is 1-800-665-2457 or 1-800-NO-JAILS, BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. I do not accept collect calls from inside jail or prisons, often they are intercepted and listened to ala Snowden.
    GO TO THE COURT IF YOU CAN NOT REACH THEM BY PHONE.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced 39+ yrs. I can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practicein Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. I give only appointments over the phone., these services do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ and I would appreciate it if you feel like marking my answers helpful or best. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are court documents , less expensive.

2. It's 'pre-filing' diversion. The case number should be an internal DA only case number. The numbers in their system are likely filed cases.

The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter without first directly consulting with an attorney about the particulars of your case.

3. Call the clerk or DA to get correct case number.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

4. It's Saturday dude. Try the 866 number on a business day.