What should I expect in the coming days of stealing from Walgreens?

Asked over 1 year ago - West Covina, CA

The day after stealing, I was called into work. I talked to the store manager and a consultant from a loss prevention company. I stole roughly $40 in merchandise and $60 from the cash register. I immediately payed $100 to the store and I was let go from Walgreens. A few days ago I recieved a letter from PR&A stating a settlement offer of $300. I am planning on paying it because I am 18 and I have never had any previous offenses. What should I expect after paying the settlement offer?

I would like to add that the police were not involved and the incident occurred on 1/17/13 and I received the settlement offer on 1/25/13 and no other letters concerning a court date or anything were mailed to where I live as of today. What should I expect?

1. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

Answered . DO NOT pay the civil demand letter! Ignore it, and all the others you will receive, and eventually it will go away. Everything should be okay.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . DO NOT PAY! Please read: http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/should-i-p...