My current visa is F -1, but I was on J -1 visa when I first came to the U.S. My husband is a USC, and I filed I-485 this June. However, after I finished figure print, I noticed that I did not have J-1 waiver. I applied J-1 waiver as soon as I noticed that. Yet, the whole process is supposed to be 2 to 4 months, which means the earliest time that I can get the waiver is early October. Last week, I got the interview notice, and it’s scheduled on 09/09.
Now my questions are:
Should I postpone my interview? Or is there any possibility that the immigration officer will let me interview on the original scheduled date anyway, and on hold my decision until they received my J -1 waiver.
Thank you very much for your kind help!
If you indeed need the waiver, your case will not be approved without it.
The Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has stated that immigration law is "a notoriously complex and constantly shifting area of law."
You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
26,310 answers this week
2,834 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary