Skip to main content

What should i do when the platiff sends a letter after i filed a motion to vacate asking the judgeto deny the motion

Keansburg, NJ |
Filed under: Litigation

i had filed a motion to vacte a default judgement i never recived a court date the platiffs laywer now sent a letter aking the judge not to vacaste the judgement what should i do no write the court or wait for their answer this was from a debt collection agency how never validated the debt or were bonded in my state at the time of judgemet the paper from their lawyer are all cases of improper servive service and do not even metion the bonding or validation letter

Attorney Answers 1


Issues of service, notice, debt collection and out of state judgment are highly technical. You really should discuss this situation with a lawyer before you have assets taken from you, perhaps without legal justification.

Mark as helpful

Litigation topics

Recommended articles about Litigation

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics