What should I do when the person that crash into me lie on her personal statement (on the crash report)?

Memphis, TN |

I recently gotten into a crash while driving my friend's car. The car doesn't have insurance because we were on our way home from the dealer. I have insurance. My friend was on the passenger side.

I drove into the intersection, passing the white line (the light was solid green) I waited there for 10s+ to make a left turn.
I looked up the light change from green to yellow. Look down, the car that crashed into me was far away on the middle lane. I make the turn, I didn't see the lady changed to the lane right of her. She proceed onward and crashed into me.
On her statement she said she was on a different street and I disregarded the left-turn red light.
On the crash report, I felt that the police doesn't believe me since I'm only 19 and the lady that crash into me was in her mid20s-30s.

1. You should consult a local attorney.

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

2. Consult with a local attorney. Make sure you identify any helpful witnesses.

3. I'm sorry to hear about this. Without more facts, can't answer this question, other than tell you to post more facts, or call a local car accident lawyer to discuss.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

4. When you purchase a car in Tennessee, you can handle insurance one of two ways: 1) contact your insurance carrier ahead of the purchase and arrange for the vehicle to be covered; 2) notify your insurance agent as soon as possible after the purchase (even at the dealership if possible) to arrange for coverage. many policies have an "after acquired vehicle" clause where they will cover you so long as you notify them of the new vehicle within a short amount of time. Check your auto policy to be sure. Time is of the essence, however, because if you just sit and wait, you may not get covered for your collision by your company. Insurance follows the person, not the vehicle. Comapnies want to know what vehicle they are insuring mostly to consider the cost of replacement and/or repair if a collision were to happen. That is part of how they set insurance premiums. It is also possible other insurance may apply, so any legal analysis of your situation will take into account whether there is other coverage applicable to your circumstances. There are often factual discrepancies as to how a crash happens. Evidence matters, as do witness statements. Ultimately, if disagreements are not worked out by agreement, the legal system has trials to settle the matter in front of a jury.

5. In Tennessee police reports are not admissible as evidence as to who is at fault. If you should go to court, the judge or jury will determine who is telling the truth and who is at fault. Make sure you give a truthful statement to your insurance company.

Law is state-specific and laws may vary from state to state. You should consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice. This answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship.