What should I do to safely get out of my lease, and should I ask for any compensation?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

I have a rat infestation in my Apt. It has been over a month now since I first complained about the issue. I have taken pictures of every incident and of all the mess the rats have made in my apartment. In that month I have had 4 respiratory infections and my doctor said that it can be linked to exposure to rodents and their feces. On top of my medical bills from this issue my dog also got a bacteria infection and the vet told me it was very plausible to link it to exposure to the rodents. The rodent problem and failure to fix and a/c unit in 102 degree weather three times forcing me and my dog to live and sleep in over 100 degree tem. for days, I want out of this apt and compensation for my medical expenses, how and can I fight for this.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . You can sue in small claims on breach if implied warranties . Or hire attorney to do same.