What should I do to get early discharge from probation?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I was convicted of dealing-in-stolen-property on jan 2,2012. Was sentenced to 60 days in jail followed by 48 months on probation. Out of the 4 years prob 2 years are a 7-7 curfew which I completed 14 months of. My question to you is should I try to terminate all my probation at the 18 month mark since a 7-7 curfew is more strict than regular probation. Also all my obligations have been met and everything is paid fully off. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

1. Don Waggoner

7

Answered . You should go see see a lawyer and present your situation. An attorney in your area, who is familiar with the judges and the States attorney can better advise you of your chances. And yes, I would definitely check it out. I wouldn't want to be on that curfew.

2. Edward Joseph Chandler Jr.

4

Best Answer

Answered . Typically, the court will require that you complete 50% of the probation period and that your probation officer has no objection to early termination. You may also be eligible to modify the terms regarding the 7-7 curfew temporarily.

You call for a consultation on this issue and filing the motions at (954) 788-1355.
    Law Office of
    EDWARD J. CHANDLER, P.A.
    A Professional Association
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    708 East Atlantic Boulevard Telephone: (954) 788-1355
    Pompano Beach, Fl 33060 Facsimile: (954) 788-1357

3. Jenna Cyra Finkelstein

5

Answered . I agree, you should speak to a local defense attorney who can advise you. I know many of the judges in my area require you to complete at least half of the term of probation before they will consider an early termination.

4. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

6

Answered . Speak to a lawyer to see whether a motion for early termination of probation can be filed in your case.