What should I do to get early discharge from probation?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was convicted of dealing-in-stolen-property on jan 2,2012. Was sentenced to 60 days in jail followed by 48 months on probation. Out of the 4 years prob 2 years are a 7-7 curfew which I completed 14 months of. My question to you is should I try to terminate all my probation at the 18 month mark since a 7-7 curfew is more strict than regular probation. Also all my obligations have been met and everything is paid fully off. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Typically, the court will require that you complete 50% of the probation period and that your probation officer has no objection to early termination. You may also be eligible to modify the terms regarding the 7-7 curfew temporarily.

You call for a consultation on this issue and filing the motions at (954) 788-1355.
Law Office of
A Professional Association
Attorney and Counselor at Law
708 East Atlantic Boulevard Telephone: (954) 788-1355
Pompano Beach, Fl 33060 Facsimile: (954) 788-1357

This answer is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship, and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney of your choice for specific advice regarding your individual case. You can call attorney Edward Chandler for a consultation at (954) 788-1355. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship unless retained by written agreement.

You should go see see a lawyer and present your situation. An attorney in your area, who is familiar with the judges and the States attorney can better advise you of your chances. And yes, I would definitely check it out. I wouldn't want to be on that curfew.

Speak to a lawyer to see whether a motion for early termination of probation can be filed in your case.

I agree, you should speak to a local defense attorney who can advise you. I know many of the judges in my area require you to complete at least half of the term of probation before they will consider an early termination.

The attorney's responses to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. For a free consultation, contact the Law Offices of Powers Sellers & Finkelstein, PLC. at (855) PSF-firm.