Skip to main content

What should I do or say at my upcoming status quo hearing?

Davis, CA |

I have been unable to find representation for my custody case I'm coming up on my court date so I'm going to be solo. Any advice on how i should handle this? My ex's attny said I could just sign the status quo form in the pw I was served & get it to them by the day before the court date & then I won't need to have the hearing.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your question is too broad to answer. Did you mean status conference? That's what they call it in family law court and it sounds like a custody case. As to h ow to conduct yourself at the hearing, certainly be polite although I don't know what the issues are in your case and to address a judge as to those issues you would have to consult with a lawyer. This isn't an Avvo question No responsible lawyer can advise you in this instance.

Ms. Johns can be reached at either her Woodland Hills or San Diego offices at (866) 402-4038. Her email address is Ms. Johns is a lawyer although she is not your lawyer unless and until you have consulted with her and an authorized representative of her office and signed a fee or letter agreement confirming her representation of you. Ms. Johns, their lawyers, and her employees are not tax or financial advisors and do not give tax or financial advice. If you wish such professional advice, you are advised to consult with the appropriate professionals.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer