What should i do now?

Clifton, NJ |

NVC has notified me that they received DS-230 for my wife. now they need police clearance certificate . She is in Following-to-Join category. so would you please tell me how long it takes for scheduling interview at US embassy in India.

You should retain a practicing attorney to handle your immigration case professionally, competently to its completion.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

thank you... would you please advise me for how long it takes in following-to-join for my wife. NVC has telling that they will now send the interview letter.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

You should retain a practicing attorney to handle your immigration case professionally, competently to its completion. And thank you for marking my asnwer as helpful.

NVC takes up to a year to process and prepare a case before you can actually have it scheduled for an interview. The pace of processing depends on your cooperation and their workload.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

thank you for promptly reply. NVC told me that now Indian Embassy will notify for interview. but would you tell me how long it takes for following-to-join category.

It should take a couple of months. Contact an attorney to help you finish the process so there arent further delays

Thank you...

Several months.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.