What should I do next concerning an injury claim being made against me from an auto accident?

I was recently in a car accident. I am the one that hit the other car so I was found at fault. I took pictures of my car and the other guy's car. There was no exterior damage to his car while I needed to replace my bumper, grill and hood. He somehow got my insurance to believe there was damage to his car that they have now paid to fix. He has hired an attorney and filed an injury claim when he told me at the time of the accident as well as the translator from my insurance company that he was not injured and is requesting the bodily injury limits on my insurance. I don't want to get into a lawsuit but it really seems to me that this guy is trying to run some sort of con.

Santa Clara, CA -

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Turn it over to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
Kristin E. Hobbs

Kristin E. Hobbs

Personal Injury Lawyer - Glendora, CA

Assuming you have insurance, your insurance company should hire an attorney to defend you against the lawsuit and any frivolous claims.

George Costas Andriotis

George Costas Andriotis

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Tarpon Springs, FL

Contact your insurance carrier to advise them of this and they will assign an attorney to you free of charge who will defend the suit.

Scott Douglas Camassar

Scott Douglas Camassar

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - North Stonington, CT

Not clear whether you have been sued or simply received a letter from an attorney, but either way, contact your insurance company right away and they defend you.

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Berkeley, CA

Please turn the case over to your insurance company. They will hire an attorney and defend you. Best of luck.

Edgar Julio Gutierrez

Edgar Julio Gutierrez

Personal Injury Lawyer - Pasadena, CA

If you had rinsurance at the time of the accident, this is precisely the scenario where your insurance handles the situation. If you did, it is simply a matter of notifying your company and sending them a copy of any lawsuit that you are served with, or if it is only a written demand, you can send them that information. The insurance company will handle the claim and resolve it before suit or, if suit is filed, they will appoint an attorney to defend the case. That is part of why you pay insurance. Good luck.

Related Advice