What should I do next

Tampa, FL |

I recently got into a car accident with 2 other passagers. One of the officers on the scene took my license and never gave them back. They said I was driving under the influence. They never took a breathalizer test. I do know that they drew blood when I was in the ambulance. I wanna know. why they took my license and what's going to happen next

1. This is not something you want to mess with by yourself. You need to speak to some DUI attorneys in your area, the sooner the better. If you were at fault, you definitely also want to notify your insurance carrier of the accident. Failure to cooperate could result in them denying your policy for being non-compliant. BUT, I would speak to the DUI attorney first to better advise you on what to do.

2. I would urge you to hire a DUI lawyer now before any charges get filed. This could help in both the possible criminal case and potential civil claims-I would also notify your insurance carrier at once-but don't give a recorded statement without your attorney present!

3. i AGREE WITH BOTH OF MY COLLEAGUES. RUN DON'T WALK TO THE NEAREST DUI LAWYER. HE MAY BE MORE HELPFUL THAN YOU THINK. BEST OF LUCK.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

4. The officer had no basis to take your DL without some basis that your blood alcohol level was over the limit unless you refused a chemical test (breat, blood or urine). However, unless the accident was serious causing injury, they may not have been justified in taking your blood. The standard is then whether it's impractical or impossible.,

Typically once the blood results come back you will get a summons for court. You best option is to hire a criminal defense attorney to guide you through the process.

Good luck

Visit our website at www.mastrolaw.com to ask your legal question or call for a more detailed free consultation for your legal issue. The information presented is for information purposes only based on the information provided. An attorney client relationship is not formed.

5. If your passé gets are injured they have a claim against you with possible punitive damages because of the DUI charge. If they are injured and need help tell them to call me. Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer: To learn more about attorney Keith Ligori, please call our firm 888-254-7119 or visit our homepage at www.LigoriCappyLaw.com. Keith Ligori is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Often times the question does not include significant and important facts and time lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Ligori strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in order to ensure proper advice is received. If you are interested with talking to Keith Ligori and asking him more detail questions about your crash or situation feel free to call him any time. We forward our office phones to Mr. Ligori's cell phone at nights and weekends so his clients or potential clients can contact him about your case. To learn more about Attorney Keith Ligori, please call our firm toll free at 888.254.7119 or visit www.keithligorilaw.com

DUI topics