What should I do next

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I recently got into a car accident with 2 other passagers. One of the officers on the scene took my license and never gave them back. They said I was driving under the influence. They never took a breathalizer test. I do know that they drew blood when I was in the ambulance. I wanna know. why they took my license and what's going to happen next

1. Don Paul Harvey

Pro

11

Answered . This is not something you want to mess with by yourself. You need to speak to some DUI attorneys in your area, the sooner the better. If you were at fault, you definitely also want to notify your insurance carrier of the accident. Failure to cooperate could result in them denying your policy for being non-compliant. BUT, I would speak to the DUI attorney first to better advise you on what to do.

2. Jeffrey Robert Davis

11

Answered . I would urge you to hire a DUI lawyer now before any charges get filed. This could help in both the possible criminal case and potential civil claims-I would also notify your insurance carrier at once-but don't give a recorded statement without your attorney present!

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

10

Answered . i AGREE WITH BOTH OF MY COLLEAGUES. RUN DON'T WALK TO THE NEAREST DUI LAWYER. HE MAY BE MORE HELPFUL THAN YOU THINK. BEST OF LUCK.

4. Michael Leonard Mastrogiovanni

Pro

3

Answered . The officer had no basis to take your DL without some basis that your blood alcohol level was over the limit unless you refused a chemical test (breat, blood or urine). However, unless the accident was serious causing injury, they may not have been justified in taking your blood. The standard is then whether it's impractical or impossible.,

Typically once the blood results come back you will get a summons for court. You best option is to hire a criminal defense attorney to guide you through the process.

Good luck

5. Keith Patrick Ligori

Answered . If your passé gets are injured they have a claim against you with possible punitive damages because of the DUI charge. If they are injured and need help tell them to call me. Good luck.

One or more answers have been taken down.