What should I do next?

Asked about 1 year ago - Madison, WI

I came in to USA from Ukraine in 2002 like fiancée, Visa type K-1, and get married to American citizen, but unfortunately this marriage was abusive and in the year of 2003 we get divorced. My husband denied preparing any kind of immigration documents for my legalizations, so that is why I had to move from California(where I came in 2002) to Illinois in 2003 ,where I hired an attorney to work on my case. After that several lawyers from different States were working on my case, but unfortunately none of them was be able to help me and get the results from INS.
My case was officially accepted for review by Immigration office in 2005. Since that time it was closed twice and reopened again, but I still didn’t received anything.
The last update I had in June, 2010 :
«Post Decision Activ

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

7

Answered . You need to find a good immigration lawyer and go over all aspects of your case. This forum on Avvo will not be able to meet your needs.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . I agree with Attorney Carlin. You expect way too much of us here on AVVO. We do not yet possess the ability nor the technology of handling cases on AVVO.

3. Christine Swenson

6

Answered . A significant portion of your question was cut off due to space constraints. This is not a generic question and though I'm sure you're not terribly keen on working with yet another immigration attorney, this is your best course of action at this point.

4. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . Really you have to show your paperwork to an attorney, this description is just not good enough to give any advice even generally.