What should I do my boss choked me and slammed my head against a tile wall?

Asked over 1 year ago - Palmyra, NY

During the arguement he started choking me and slammed my head against thee
Tile wall. There was no marks on my neck but I have a bump on my head. There were 2 witnesses that saw it all hapened. I have not filed a police report yet. And the witnesses both work for the guy who assaulted me so I'm afraid that they wont back me up because they don't to loose their jobs. I would love to sue him. But what shoullwwld I do, anybody reccomend any good lawyers in Rochester NY that handles these types of cases?

Pro

21

Answered . Call the police.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

16

Answered . Use AVVO find a lawyer tab to locate an attorney. You may want to press criminal charges and or workmen's compensation claim.

3. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

15

Answered . Step 1: Report the assault to the police. Step 2: Find a local employment lawyer.

4. Dean P Murray

15

Answered . File a police report.

5. Eric Edward Rothstein

14

Answered . This may be a workers compensation claim. Contact a local comp lawyer. If it's not the injury is not serious enough for a lawyer to sue about due to the costs of pursuing a civil case.

6. David Ian Schoen

Pro

13

Answered . Why haven't you filed a police report? What led up to the attack? Can you afford to lose your job? Consult a local attorney ASAP.

7. Joseph Gerard Dell

Pro

10

Answered . You can file a workers compensation claim as well as a private lawsuit against your employer.

8. Michael R Crosner

11

Answered . make a police report ASAP & contact a local attorney

9. Brian C. Pascale

Pro

8

Answered . Call the police.

10. Abdul-Wali Abdullah Muhammad

8

Answered . Call the police and have him arrested. After he has his "day in court", it will be time to sue. But you should not let that type of behavior go.

11. Josh P Tolin

9

Answered . Police, lawyer, and a headhunter ( no pun intended ) to help you find a new job, in that order.