Skip to main content

What should I do my boss choked me and slammed my head against a tile wall?

Palmyra, NY |

During the arguement he started choking me and slammed my head against thee
Tile wall. There was no marks on my neck but I have a bump on my head. There were 2 witnesses that saw it all hapened. I have not filed a police report yet. And the witnesses both work for the guy who assaulted me so I'm afraid that they wont back me up because they don't to loose their jobs. I would love to sue him. But what shoullwwld I do, anybody reccomend any good lawyers in Rochester NY that handles these types of cases?

Attorney Answers 11

  1. Use AVVO find a lawyer tab to locate an attorney. You may want to press criminal charges and or workmen's compensation claim.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  2. Call the police.

  3. This may be a workers compensation claim. Contact a local comp lawyer. If it's not the injury is not serious enough for a lawyer to sue about due to the costs of pursuing a civil case.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  4. Step 1: Report the assault to the police. Step 2: Find a local employment lawyer.

  5. File a police report.

    IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:

  6. make a police report ASAP & contact a local attorney

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

  7. Why haven't you filed a police report? What led up to the attack? Can you afford to lose your job? Consult a local attorney ASAP.

  8. You can file a workers compensation claim as well as a private lawsuit against your employer.

  9. Call the police.

    Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

  10. Police, lawyer, and a headhunter ( no pun intended ) to help you find a new job, in that order.

  11. Call the police and have him arrested. After he has his "day in court", it will be time to sue. But you should not let that type of behavior go.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics