What should I do in this situation if financial aid doesn't fix loan problem?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

I'm in my last semester of grad school, and I had to get permission for thesis for 6 credits. I submitted everything within deadline. I got an email that same day that someone in the grad office entered in only 1 credit, not 6, that they withdrew me from the class and I would be added after add/drop. They went to fix it and two weeks later I was enrolled (approved for late add). I just found out that I owe $1000 or I will be dropped from my classes and financial aid took away my previously approved loan without seeing if I was still in enrollment (they assumed I was still part time after checking before the late add). I talked to them, and hopefully they will fix it, but if they don't, I will lose my degree and money to help me get by (TA job and loan) due to something out of my control.

1. Barbi L Feldman

Answered . If the schools negligence in handling your credits and loan are the reason you lost the loan, then you may have a claim against the university. However, I would try to work it out with them and ask them to credit the amount you owe. It is likely they will want to avoid legal fees for such a small amount.